Protect your business and its assets with commercial property and casualty insurance so you can stay focused on running your business. With property casualty insurance in place, you can rest assured that you are protected in case of any actions or accidents causing property damage, or any losses or injury to someone else.
Regardless of the size of your business, property & casualty insurance is a wise investment to make sure an accident or some unexpected action doesn’t put your business in jeopardy. This is especially true if you are a one-man or one-woman operation or the only income-producing person in the business.
What Does Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance Cover?
Commercial property insurance covers your losses due to:
- Damage to business property and physical assets as a result of severe weather, fire, theft, and other perils that have been specified.
- Business interruption insurance is a common example of an additional option to be considered.
Commercial casualty insurance covers your liability in case of:
- Harm caused to a third party as a result of your actions or products.
- Professional liability insurance is an option to consider in case of losses caused to your clients should you make an error or omission.
Customized to Your Business’ Needs
Property and casualty insurance, also referred to as property and liability insurance, should certainly be designed according to the specific needs of your business. In addition to the ones mentioned above, there is other optional coverage that may be important to your type of business:
- Crime or theft
- Inventory loss control
- Equipment breakdown
- Electronic data processing systems
- Consequential Losses, due to a power outage for example
Be sure to ask your insurance broker about what is excluded from your policy since this can bring any possible oversight to your attention.
With the right property and casualty insurance policy in place, you are protecting your business from the most likely risks it might face. You are simply safeguarding the continued success of your company, which is certainly good for any business.