Having the right kind of business insurance in place is essential for providing a safety net for both your personal and professional life. No doubt your business has many assets. Whether you have vehicles, an office and equipment, inventory, a business partner or are a one-person operation, safeguarding your assets can protect your business from potential risks.
Taking some risks is part of every business, but too many risks and failing to protect yourself properly does not make good sense for any business. Ask yourself: “what risks can we afford to withstand?, what losses can we survive?, and what do we need to insure?” Your personal and business situation will determine your business insurance needs.
There are a number of choices out there, but not all of them may apply to you so it is important to understand your options. Below you will find some of the options available to small business owners.
Business Insurance for Owners, Partners and Important Employees
This type of commercial insurance can help protect your business and your income.
- Life Insurance – protects your family in the event that something happens to you. This is an especially important coverage for those who have a sole proprietorship
- Disability Insurance – provides you with an income if you cannot work due to an illness or injury
- Partnership Insurance – allows you to purchase shares and keep operating your business if your business partner passes away
- Critical Illness Insurance – provides you with a lump sum benefit if you are diagnosed with a critical illness
Insurance for Business Property and Earnings
This insurance is key for protecting your assets and earnings in the event of an emergency or disaster.
- Property Insurance – covers the building and property owned by your business in the event of damage or destruction
- Contents Insurance – covers the assets that you store at your business premises
- Business Interruption Insurance – covers your loss of earnings if you are temporarily shut down
- Vehicle Insurance – protects any vehicles that your business owns
Unfortunately mistakes do happen. When mistakes end up hurting your customers, this insurance protects your business from being sued.
- General Liability – covers property damage or personal injury caused by you or your employees
- Product Liability – provides protection if your products cause harm or are faulty
- Profession Liability – provides protection if you are sued by a client for financial losses when you are performing professional services.
Talk with an Insurance Expert
Peace of mind is only a phone call away. We will consult with a number of insurance companies to find you a business insurance package that fits your needs and your budget. For a no-obligation quote, or to ask any questions, please call Mitch Insurance Brokers at 1-800-731-2228 or email us at email@example.com.