We take your privacy seriously
You can trust Mitchell & Whale Insurance Brokers to protect your privacy at all times and under every circumstance. We understand how sensitive your personal information is, and you can rest assured that your confidentiality is, and always will be very important to us. We are committed to delivering exceptional service while shielding your privacy and protecting your personal information.
- Your personal information
- Why we collect your personal information
- How we use your personal information
- The data we collect
- Information you give us
- From third party applications
- Your consent to use your personal information
- Do we share your personal data?
- Right to be forgotten
1. Your personal information
Personal Information is data about a recognizable person. Yet, it frequently will not include business contact information when used to connect with an individual in regard to their business role or position. From time to time we may de-identify data in order to use it for internal use in a method which does not identify you or endanger your privacy. For example, we may use your data internally to identify claims statistics.
2. Why we collect your personal information
3. How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used for several purposes, such as to determine whether or not you are eligible for our products and services, e.g., to process applications which are vital to providing you with accurate insurance quotes.
We collect personal data to document how our business is performing. We gather claims and perform data analysis and use this information to develop analytic tools to better our products and services. Your personal information is included in the creation of our proprietary databases and other tools. We may incur consulting needs and exchange information during these consultation services with insurance companies. Your information will be used in compliance with regulatory, security, audit,< and legal requests and laws.
A primary objective of our business is to understand and gauge the needs of you, our customer. We understand the needs of Clients change and we want to change to suit your insurance requirements.
If there are any other purposes for your information we will disclose this new information to you in our terms of contract, or we will notify you when we gather your information, use your information, or disclose any of your data.
4. The data we collect
i. Information you give us
When you enquire about, apply for, or purchase any service from Mitchell & Whale, we collect your personal information in order to provide you with the best possible service. When you request an insurance quote, apply for coverage, make a payment, sign up fpor a newsletter or mailing list, or file an insurance claim, information we collect from you includes personl information such as your:
- Home address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Vehicle desription
- Property desription
- Marital status
- Driver’s license & driving record
- Your banking and financial data
To assess your level of risk, or in the event of a claim, we collect information from insurance companies, claims adjusters, customer reporting institutions and insurance industry associations.
ii. From third-party applications
We use the following applications and services on our website:
- Google analytics & tag manager – Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data
- Google AdWords remarketing – Personal Data: Cookies and Usage data
- Google AdWords conversion tracking – Personal Data: Cookies and Usage data
- External social network widgets
- Twitter tweet button and social widgets – Personal Data: Cookies and Usage data
- Facebook like button and social widgets – Personal Data: Cookies and Usage data
- LinkedIn button and social widgets – Personal Data: Cookies and Usage data
- Google+ +1 button and social widgets – Personal Data: Cookies and Usage data
- Pintrest “Pin-it” button and social widgets – Personal Data: Cookies and Usage data
5. Your consent to use your personal information
Mitchell & Whale Insurance Brokers Ltd. values your personal information and values your consent to our use of this information. We will get your express consent when necessary, either verbally (over the telephone or in person), by letter, or by email.
In some circumstances, your consent is implied, such as if you provide us with your personal information in order to request a particular service or product. Should you need to provide personal information about someone other than yourself, such as a dependent, employee, or employer, you must have their consent to do so.
When providing us with any personal information, you are consenting to our use of your data, including our disclosure to any third parties of your information, for as long as it may be required until such time that you notify us that your consent is withdrawn. Should you withdraw consent, it will prevent us from providing you with our products and services.
6. Do we share your personal data?
Mitchell & Whale Insurance Brokers Ltd. will only share your individual data as is necessary and illustrated in this document and policy, or as it is required by law. Our company is bound to withhold Canadian as well as international laws. Our customers are subject to the same laws in their country.
Some of the parties with whom we may share your information include:
- Insurance companies
- Claims adjusters
- Other brokers or agents
- Financial institutions with interests in your property
Mitchell & Whale’s data protection officer
Should you like to request that Mitchell & Whale remove your personal data from our records, or for any other matters relating to privacy and data protection, you can contact us:
Mitchell & Whale Insurance Brokers Ltd o/a Mitch Insurance
Attn: Privacy Dept.
1555 Wentworth St. Unit 200, Whitby Ontario L1N 9T6