Wynward Insurance Group specializes in business insurance for professionals in a wide array of industries, including some not often covered by commercial insurers.
|Canadian Mkt. Share*||0.18% (2017)|
|Insurance Products**||Business Insurance|
|Provinces Licensed||AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NWT, NS, NU, ON, PEI, QC, SK, YT|
**Insurance coverage and availability may vary by province. Speak with your broker for details.
Need Business Insurance?Get a Quote now
For a quote on business insurance in Ontario, give our brokers a call at Mitchell & Whale: Speak with a broker today: 1-800-731-2228
Wynward Insurance Group was founded in 1920 when a group of grain producers formed a cooperative to protect their supplies, becoming a small Canadian mutual insurance company. Today, the company has grown to become a major business insurance provider. Wynward is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the privately-held Canadian company James Richardson & Sons, Ltd. (Est. 1857).
Customers of Wynward Insurance Group have come to expect the following from their business coverage:
- Access to a network of nationwide brokers
- A wide array of business insurance products that runs the gamut of risk protection
- Coverage for industries that are often overlooked by other insurance providers
Wynward is a relatively small company compared with other Canadian insurance providers, but the company has built a relationship with an extensive network of brokers nationwide.
Advantages of Wynward Insurance
One of the ways that Wynward Insurance Group differentiates itself from the competition is that it emphasizes custom solutions rather than simply selling a business a package for their industry. Many commercial insurance companies simply sell you a “retail insurance package” if you own a retail company; Wynward appears committed to helping customers build a custom set of coverages based on the unique needs of their specific business.
- Coverage for lesser considered industries: For example, if a business owner runs a retail store or a restaurant, they’re likely to find a packaged specifically focused on their industry from any company that sells commercial insurance. Wynward covers some less common industries, like the amusement industry and health and fitness businesses.
- The ability to service small, mid-sized, and large businesses: Wynward Insurance Group focuses so much on being able to customize its coverage options that it allows the company to adequately account for the risk for practically any size business.
- A user-friendly site and 24/7 claims hotline: Wynward Insurance benefits from a site that is simple to use. Business owners can easily navigate to the section for their industry and learn about what risks they need to prioritize when buying insurance. The company also uses a 24-hour claims hotline, so that customers always have a way to report their claims.
Wynward Insurance Group Products
Wynward specializes in business insurance policies, which the company separates by recommending coverage for different industries:
For owners and operators of amusement parks, Wynward’s recommendations include the following:
- Property coverage and replacement value for park equipment and rides
- A high liability coverage amount
- Crime protection in an industry with a high number of cash transactions
Business & Professional Services
For business & professional services, the company includes the following as examples:
- Accounting, Financial Planning, Management
- Consulting Firms
- Dry Cleaners
- Funeral Homes
- Graphic Design
- Janitorial Services
- Opticians & Optometrists
- Pet Grooming
- Travel Agents
- Wedding Planners
For these businesses, Wynward suggests (at minimum):
For the farm and agriculture production industries, Wynward Insurance recommends:
- High property and liability insurance limits
- Premium coverage for risk to crops and stock
- Loss prevention in the event of harsh weather or a suboptimal growing season
- Insuring transit and off-site transportation
- Commercial vehicle insurance
- Errors & omissions coverage
Wynward suggests the following package for builders and contractors:
- Blanket Builder’s Risk
- Property insurance extended to tools, equipment, etc.
- Replacement cost of equipment
- High liability limits
- Equipment breakdown coverage
- Contractor’s errors & omissions
Wynward offers a custom package to support cybersecurity called CyberVault, which helps tech companies and retail businesses that use transactional software to protect the data of the businesses and their customers.
Because most churches and other faith-based organizations have a responsibility (and liability) for children on retreats and church-affiliated events such as camps and athletic leagues, faith-based organizations have unique liability needs, according to Wynward Insurance Group:
- Broad property coverage for valuable items in places of worship
- High liability limits
- Item replacement cost
- Wrongful dismissal coverage
- Abuse coverage
- Religious Counselor’s error & omission
For the broad industry of manufacturing companies, Wynward includes the following with its industry recommendations for coverage:
- High limits on liability and property insurance
- Coverage for product recall expenses
- Manufacturers errors & omissions
- Loss of business income protection
- Coverage for US and overseas sales
Retail stores are offered the following package from Wynward Insurance:
- High limits on property insurance
- Broad scope equipment breakdown coverage depending on the type of business
- Errors & omissions liability coverage
Wellness & Fitness
For wellness and fitness businesses, Wynward suggests the following coverage options:
- For machines, high liability limit
- For trainers and employees, moderate liability coverage
- For subcontractors, low liability coverage
- Abuse liability protection
- Property Insurance
Customized Policy Options
Wynward Insurance Group also acknowledges that although a business may fit in a given industry listed, it will often have needs different than what is suggested. The company also offers customizable umbrella coverage for other needs to the ends of building a comprehensive policy that fits an individual business owner’s unique needs.
Need Business Insurance?Get a Quote now
For a quote on business insurance in Ontario, give our brokers a call at Mitchell & Whale: rnSpeak with a broker today: 1-800-731-2228
Worst place to start a new job WINNIPEG
This place is highly cliquey, most employees are hired through a referral process so they get special treatment. They hired me for their busy season, realized I worked too fast and dropped me with no explanation or notice after things died down again… they didn’t even let me get my stuff
Review Your Insurance Company (max 5 minutes)
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *