Everyone wants to save on their car insurance, and time and time again, most of us are aware of common discounts such as combined insurance multi-policy discounts, and driver training discounts. What you may not know about is there are even more discounts you can qualify for depending on your situation. Our team of brokers works with many different insurance companies and some of them have discounts most people have never heard of, so here’s a list of the discounts you might not know about.
- Loyalty discount: Everyone wants to be rewarded for being a loyal customer. Some of our companies will even provide you a discount of up to 5-15% if you have been loyal for 3 or more years. So after we find you a great rate, stick around and enjoy a loyalty discount.
- Green Vehicle discount We care about the environment, and we love that lots of our insurance companies offer discounts of up to 5% for our customers that choose electric vehicles.
- Autonomous breaking discount: Lots of car accidents happen when there’s a sudden stop in traffic and cars get rear ended. Most of our insurance companies have found that automatic breaking reduces these types of accidents and you may be able to get a discount for purchasing a car with automatic emergency breaking of up to 15%.
- Single pay discount: Some companies will offer a discount of 5% if you make a single payment for your insurance instead of making monthly payments.
- Telematics discount: Good drivers have fewer accidents, so insurance companies love to offer the best drivers the best rates. Many of our companies now offer telematics discounts, where your good driving is rewarded by an initial discount of 5-10%, and a renewal discount of up to 25%, depending on how you drive.
Insurance in Ontario is competitive, so it’s important to use a broker that has access to many different options to find you an insurance company that offers you the best discounts and rates. In addition to the cool discounts listed above, you can get all of the usual discounts for winter tires, multi policy discounts, and driver training.
Feel free to give us a call and we’ll be more than happy to review your situation and let you know how you can maximize the discounts available for you.