Hagerty Insurance is Ontario’s leading insurer of classic and collector cars, providing specialized coverage options to meet the needs of those that own classic cars, trucks, and even yes, even boats.
Hagerty Insurance Agency
|Headquarters||Traverse City, Michigan, USA|
|Employees||501 – 1,000|
|Employees in Canada||11 – 50|
|Insurance Products||Collector Vehicle & Collector Boat Insurance|
|Provinces Licensed||AB, BC, NB, NL, NS, ON, PEI|
Hagerty Insurance QuotesGet a Quote now
For a quote from Hagerty, or to see if you qualify for classic car insurance, speak with one of our specialist insurance brokers at Mitch: rnSpeak with a broker today: 1-800-731-2228
Hagerty insurance products are underwritten by Aviva Insurance and are available in Ontario as well as most other Canadian provinces. Hagerty expanded its reach to Canada in 2009.
Hagerty’s insurance policies are tailored to your unique driving habits and needs, ensuring that your classic car insurance provides the specialized coverage that you need to protect your investment.
An insurance policy from Hagerty may be a good option for you if you own a:
- Vehicle under restoration
- Antique or classic car
- Classic truck or utility vehicle
- Modified vehicle, including a kit car or a replica
- Classic boat
- Classic military vehicle
- Retired commercial vehicle
- Collector trailer
- Antique tractor
Hagerty doesn’t just insure classic cars; they are actively involved in the classic car community. As a Hagerty policyholder, you’ll have access to expert advice, tips, and insider news.
Hagerty Canada’s Strengths
- Lower Premiums: Your collectable car is exposed to significantly fewer risks than your everyday car, and your insurance policy should reflect that. Hagerty offers premiums that are up to an average of 44 percent lower than everyday auto insurance.
- Flexible Usage: Your classic and collectors vehicles are meant to be enjoyed, which is why there are no fixed restrictions with a policy from Hagerty. Your car or boat can be used for pleasure, including driving to club events and shows or simply taking it out to enjoy a sunny day, without usage or mileage limits.
- Specialized In-House Claims Handling: Hagerty’s in-house claims service specializes in helping you protect your investment by offering stock original replacement parts, rather than LKQ parts. They also have parts specialists on staff to locate rare and hard-to-find parts.
- 24-Hour Claims Assistance: With Hagerty, you have access to a fast and easy online or over-the-phone claim reporting. Their dispatch center also operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide roadside assistance.
- Discounted Premiums on Multi-Vehicle Policies: If you have more than one classic or collectible vehicle, you can save even more money with their multi-vehicle discount.
Hagerty’s Insurance Products Overview
With Hagerty Insurance, you’ll find an array of insurance products that are designed to accommodate your unique needs as the owner of a collector vehicle. Here are some of the insurance options and policy features offered by Hagerty.
Antique and Collector Car Insurance
- Agreed Value insurance coverage that reflects the true value of your car or truck; in the event of a total loss, if you decide not to retain your vehicle, you will receive the full amount for which you are insured, minus your deductible.
- No appraisals: you will work with the insurance company to determine the true value of your vehicle.
- Hagerty Plus coverage which features comprehensive 24/7 full-service towing and roadside assistance.
Classic Boat Insurance
- Complete classic boat insurance protection against damage, fire, and theft
- Club discounts for policyholders that are members of most established boating clubs
- Unlimited overland transportation coverage
- Boat restoration insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Provides necessary coverage that is tailored to both the country you’re visiting and the activity you are engaging in
- Coverage is tailored according to the length of your stay
Specialized Business Coverage
- Restorers & Builders
- Storage Facilities
- Business-titled Collections
Hagerty Insurance QuotesGet a Quote now
For a quote from Hagerty, or to see if you qualify for classic car insurance, speak with one of our specialist insurance brokers at Mitch: Speak with a broker today: 1-800-731-2228
great people well in formed and very hepfull
Avoid this company they gave me insurance and took the payment and the next day canceled now have been waiting 2 weeks for my money and a cheque for55 dollars shows up not the 800 I was expecting. Now have to wait another week or so to get my money. It didn’t take them long to take my money but don’t want to refund it
Avoid hagerty insurance in quebec its a scam
When you by a hagerty policy from the only hagerty broker in quebec, read the fine print. It is an aviva policy with the hagerty name at the top. Claims service is worthless. My classic car was damaged in storage by the building owner, and aviva had no idea how to handle the claim. They were unable to repair the paint or convertible top, and left me with a cheque and no help getting the car fixed. Hagerty refused to help, and at renewal my policy was cancelled (due to 1 claim) without ant explanation or reason, and non one returns calls or emails.Hagerty and their broker in quebec are selling regular car policies and have no network of service providers in quebec. Avoid hagerty in quebec, just a scam.
Wont insure my car to “Modified”
Woudln’t insure my Nissan Silvia after wasting like 2 weeks of my time with pictures and a quote, say it was to modified because of paint and rims, you guys are a joke, do you know how many cars you insure that have paint jobs and rims? what a joke. wasted 2 weeks of my time to say no and that they like my car. WTF
I have dealt with Hagerty now for about 3 years and I am totally pleased with their performance. Their prices are very competitive and they make evaluating your car very easy. Very knowledgeable people that help you through the process and, best of all, have never tried to over sell a product to me. In fact when I first applied, they gave me several avenues to investigate and then come up with a figure for the value of my car. They could have very easily sold me more insurance than I needed. Yest I will continue to deal with them and of course, recommend them to all my other friends that are into the Car scene.
Review Your Insurance Company (max 5 minutes)
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *